Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

I'm an idiot...

http://www.withings.com/


I know, I know, I know! I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day. But I do. Alright, I admit it, I weight myself everyday. Sometimes multiple times a day.

 The intelligent part of my brain tells me this is stupid for 2 reasons


  1. Your weight fluctuates throughout the week and throughout the day
  2. You become obsessed 
So this morning after being on a high from getting back on track this week, I've put 2lb on! 2 bloody lb!!! For god sake!

My first thought was, OMG move the scales see if I get t a different reading. Then best of 3, then best of 5. Then I got cross. Why, Ive been so good? Then realisation, actually we went subway yesterday, I was reasonably good, I only had a 6" not a foot long but still bread and shit and then I might have had a couple of fondant fancies too oh and a biscuit. So actually, I've got no one to blame but myself.

 I know if I step on the scales this afternoon I'll probably have lost a lb and therefore it will have only been 1 lb I've gained. But that will just be the daily fluctuation.

 So this morning I have got up and made breakfast lasagna, its cooking as I type. But now I am stressing because it has chorizo in and thats processed and has fat, therefore am I going to be doing more harm than good. And then I think well stress is bad for weight loss too so am I making it even worse!?

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH why is this next half a stone eluding me!? And anyway, I'm getting fit and eating better, why do I even give a crap about the weight. As long as i'm getting healthier and my clothes fit/get a bit looser it's all good right? No, my head is still conditioned to care about the numbers on the bloody scales. Am so mad at myself!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment