Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

This time last year...

So today we've FINALLY broken up for the Christmas hols, for a teacher this is as good as saying that the year is over.

So I've been reflecting a little (for a change) and after a few months of saying I didn't know why, it has suddenly dawned on my what kickstarted this journey.

 My wedding & engagement rings.


Around this time last year, I went to a jewellers to investigate getting my wedding ring and engagement ring resized. I'd taken them off when I was about 6 months pregnant and due to my subsequent horrendous weight gain after Imogen was born, I never put them back on. It wasn't a case of they were tight, I physically could not get them on my fingers. For 2 & 1/2 years I'd vowed that I would lose the weight and get them back on but it wasn't happening. So I relented and went to see about resizing.

The jeweller informed me that because they were platinum and the price is through the roof at the moment and they'd need such a huge expansion it would cost me £800 to have them both resized and even then they wouldn't fit properly because they couldn't take them up to the size I would need without the rings becoming too thin. So I decided against it.

Now I think about it, I think that is what triggered me wanting to shift the weight and really shift it for once and for all. So in January I started my journey, but I didn't make progress until April when I started with Jason. And the rest as they say is history.

In the summer I finally managed to get both my wedding ring and my engagement ring (which is smaller) back on. In fact, now they are actually too big! I'm so glad I didn't fork out £800. If I'd have had them resized I wouldn't have "needed" to lose the weight. I'd have probably carried on as I was.

I have easily forked out way more than £800 in gym fees, personal training sessions and sports bras! BUT not only do my rings now fit, I am fitter, healthier, my overall body shape is better (not perfect by any stretch, but a billion times better and heading the right way), my confidence has improved and I have a way of switching off from work (which I REALLY need right now!) 

Good decision not to get those rings resized!

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment