Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

There’s so much more room for happiness?

I still find it amazing how much my mood and mental state affects how my exercise and nutrition go.


I've made no secret of the fact that mentally I am struggling with life at the moment, for a whole heap of reasons. I also suspect there is a direct correlation with the fact I am struggling with my circuits and the nutrition.

It is daft really because more than anything, when I am low is probably the time I need to eat better and use exercise to get that endorphin rush. Yet something seems impossibly hard at the moment. A self perpetuating cycle of getting down, eating crap, feeling down for eating crap, putting in a poor performance at the gym, getting down because of that and so on and so on. I feel like I am spiralling out of control. But the problem is the more I think about it, the worse it becomes as I sink lower and lower.

It needs to stop. I need to snap that cycle of being down and focus again on the positives and pushing forwards with my health. I can't go back.

The lyrics of the above song are hitting a chord with me at the moment:

"Don’t be fooled by your emptiness, there’s so much more room for happiness".

I think I am being fooled at the moment.

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment